I found this week's module I was excited to have found the most useful software called, Planning Center. This software acts as an on-line
organizer. The administrator can upload PDFs, MP3s, chord charts,
schedules and live notes! I was completely intrigued by the capabilities
of the software. I have tweeted about it and have shared it in our Digital Musiking group, however, I really do find it worth mentioning yet again. Although this site has described its services as a means for worship planning services for church music directors, I completely believe that most directors can benefit from the program. I do think that there is a price attached to how many people you add to your network, however, even a marching band director with responsible section leaders could use this successfully with a large group. I am currently looking into the possibility of purchasing this service for my program. Click here to go directly to the Planning Center site and view its features.
This week's reading helped to reiterate the importance of assessment in
the classroom. The review of formative vs summative assessment was a
useful review. A few weeks ago I went to a SMART board training. Prior to the training I had only used the SMART board as a
projector. I did not utilize it's many interactive technological
features. Inside SMART Notebook is a tab called Lesson Activity Toolkit 2.0. It includes multiple choice, matching and
sorting styled assessments that I plan on using in class. In addition,
it is possible to import mp3s into the files for SMART board. This is
the feature that I look forward to employing the most. My favorite aspect of the SMART Notebook is that it is an interactive technology tool for use in the classroom. My plans range
from creating assessments covering intervalic relationships to providing
correct solutions to sight-singing examples. Currently, I use
technology to help keep my student's parents informed. My school
provides access to Class Jump for each teacher. On the chorus site I
include fundraising information, ensemble information, the weekly parent
letter and the YouTube video of the week.
Professionally, I use a grading system called Infinite Campus to import
grades. Parents and students are allowed access to this site through a
separate portal. I look forward to adding at least a couple of the mini-projects to my Rolodex of professional technology. This week I felt that Google offered good material through Google Drive such as, templates for presentations, newsletters, and calendars.
No comments:
Post a Comment